June 3 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Parent Hacks & Shabbat Snacks
Join us every Friday at 10 AM at various parks as we kick off Shabbat with song and cheer. Each week, a different guest speaker will join us to teach us a “parent hack” – something to make the lives of raising young children just a little bit easier.
While the kids enjoy their challah and cookies, the parents will be able to ask questions and hear from our weekly special guest.
After our circle time, stay and play on the playground with your new family friends as long as you’d like!
- Scott Doty, Master Educator & Performance Coach, Founder & CEO of BrainStorm Tutoring & Arts;
- “How to Become a Time Management Ninja”
- Wyckoff Municipal Playground
- Dr. Chaye Lamm Warburg, DPS OTR/L, Director of POTS (Pediatric Occupational Therapy Services, LLC)
- “Movement Matters: Optimizing playtime for sensory-motor development”
- Van Saun Park (meet near carousel), Paramus
- Dr. Allison Shale Deutsch, PsyD; Dr. Shale Deutsch is a Licensed Psychologist in New York and New Jersey and she is the owner and director of Shale Psychology, LLC, a private practice in Saddle River.
- “Simple ways to create behavior change in your home”
- Wood Dale Park, Woodcliff Lake
- Dr. Brianna Fowls; Brianna Fowls MD is a family medicine physician, culinary medicine specialist, and founder of Oak Hills Medical, a direct primary care practice, which is bringing back the old hometown doctor with a modern twist.
- “Super Healthy Kids: a Culinary Medicine Talk”
- Ridgewood Library Playground.
- Stephanie Weissberg of Consignment Concierge; organizer and local Mom who creates opportunities for parents to de-clutter their closets, free up space in their homes, and sell select items (better!).
- “Best Practices for Decluttering your Closets”
- Beechwood Park, Hillsdale
Family tickets are $20 for the series or $5 per session if purchased separately. Includes a take-home Shabbat bag each week.
If it rains, we will move to an indoor location with plenty of room for everyone who wants to remain socially distanced.
About “J on the Go”
“J-on the Go” is a mobile community program for Jewish families from JCC of Northern NJ. “Where the J goes, families gather!”